At Holland Park we strive to deliver a curriculum which engages every learner and challenges their thinking in a way that creates curiosity and a desire to find out more.
Our curriculum is coherent, interconnected and formed on strong links across all subject areas. We encourage all learners to be brave and foster a freedom to explore while on their learning journey, in order that they are prepared for the next phase of their education. Through an inclusive mix of skills and knowledge based teaching we will allow all learners to become experts at their own level.
We ensure that learning is related to experience and aim to provide the learners with a wide range of opportunities to broaden their horizons and help to develop a lifelong passion for learning.
Teaching and Learning Policy
At Holland Park sport is encouraged because:
- it touches the lives of a great number of individuals;
- children can learn and adopt healthy sporting habits;
- children can begin to appreciate the benefit of regular exercise;
- it channels energy, high spirits, competitiveness and aggression in a social and beneficial manner;
- it can benefit everyone regardless of circumstances or ability;
- lessons for life are provided.
The Physical Education programme includes swimming, dance, gymnastics, organised football, rugby, rounders, netball, tennis, basketball, hockey and athletics. Children take part in inter-school games and matches organised by the Clacton and District School Sports Association. We have our own KS1 and KS2 Sports Days. Competition in this area is not frowned upon.
We play to win and we endeavour to teach children to be modest in victory and cheerful and more determined when they lose.