The Chase at Holland Park
Holland Park School Admissions
Pupils will be admitted to Reception classes at the beginning of the academic year (September) in which their fifth birthday falls. The intended number of admissions for this academic year is 60. All applications must be made directly to Essex County Council.
There is no guarantee of a place for children living in the priority admission area. In the event of oversubscription, places will be allocated using the following criteria in the order given :
- A ‘looked after child’ or a child who was previously looked after, but immediately after being looked after, became subject to an adoption, residence or special guardianship order will be given first priority in oversubscription criteria ahead of all other applicants in accordance with the School Admissions Code 2014.
- Children who have siblings i.e. brothers or sisters who attend the school in any year group, excluding the final year;
- Children who, at the time of consideration, can prove that they reside in the priority admission area of the school (a map is available at school);
- Remaining applications
- Children that attend The Chase Nursery at Holland Park will not receive a priority application and all applications will be processed using the criteria listed above.
- In each individual oversubscription criterion, priority will be given to a looked after child.
- Holland Park Primary will agree any changes to its admissions’ arrangements with the Secretary of State for Education. It will establish procedures for appeals against non-admission which will include an independent element. Details of admission arrangements will be published each year.
Mid-Year Admission Applications
For mid-year applications, a mid-year application form needs to be completed and can
be downloaded from the Local Authority Planning and Admissions website
www.essex.gov.uk/admissions who will apply to the schools you list, including
Holland Park Primary School, on your behalf. A copy of the application form can be
requested from :
School Planning and Admissions,
Essex County Council,
P.O. Box 4261,Chelmsford, CM11GS
Telephone : 0845 603 2200 E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
For mid-year applications, offers must be accepted within 14 days of the date the offer
was received, otherwise the application will be deemed to have lapsed.
Further applications and the School Waiting List will be considered as places at the
school become available. Any child not admitted will be placed on the Waiting List
where they will be ranked in the appropriate year group according to the same criteria
as apply to new applicants.
The school will establish arrangements for appeals against non-admissions which are
independent. Details of admission and appeal arrangements will be published each year.
However, applicants should note that the Government’s policy to limit class sizes in Key
Stage 1 classes have restricted the grounds on which appeals can succeed.
Please click the link blow for the full admissions policy.Admissions Policy 2018/2019 Admissions Policy 2019/2020 Admissions Policy 2020/2021