Guidance for Parents and Carers
- Home learning for all pupils will be set via Show My Homework (SMHW) – passwords, logins and instructions of how to access SMHW will be sent out to all parents/carers.
- Every Monday (during closure) class teachers will send out/make available a daily menu of learning for the forthcoming week. This menu will detail the expected learning for each pupil for each day of the week. It will include activities and/or links to other learning platforms and guidance around expected activity time and what is to be completed and/or ‘handed in’ for each pupil.
- There will be an expectation that at least 2 pieces of learning each day will be things that pupils complete and ‘hand in’ for class teachers to mark. This may vary depending on the year group of the pupils but the minimum expectation will be 2 pieces of learning each day.
- Learning will be ‘handed in’ electronically via the SMHW platform or via a new email account that will be set up for each class (You will receive details of how to access this new email address).
- The pieces of learning handed in each day will be marked and feedback given to each child via the SMHW platform or via email.
The Daily Menu – The idea of the daily menu is that it will represent as closely as possible the learning opportunities that would have been available to the pupils if they were in school. The emphasis will be on consolidating and building upon prior knowledge as teaching new skills and understanding may be difficult without direct teacher input.
If there are any issues with accessing the online platform, or questions you have about the learning, then please contact your child’s class teacher via the new email address or contact the school via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that there may be times when class teachers are unable to reply to emails immediately as they could be being used to support those pupils that are still in school. You will receive a response within 24 hours.
In the event that your child’s class teacher is unwell or has to self-isolate we will endeavour to inform you of this situation and provide you with alternative contact details for another member of the teaching team.